Chief Master Sgt. Jeramey W. Conley, is the Command Senior Enlisted Leader of the Joint Task Force–Space Defense, United States Space Command, Schriever Space Force Base, Colorado. He serves as principal advisor to the director and senior joint staff on the readiness, development, talent management, and morale of assigned military, civilian, reserve and contractor personnel executing joint, inter-agency and US Government space operations. In unified action with the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community, JTF-SD organizes, trains, and equips personnel assigned to the National Space Defense Center to execute protect and defend missions, and conduct space superiority operations to deter aggression, defend national capabilities, and defeat adversaries throughout the phases of conflict.
Chief Conley entered the US Air Force in October 1999 and has served in leadership roles at the squadron and staff levels. Additionally, he has experience with organizations, at various echelons, which include Air Force Space Command, Air Education and Training Command, U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, NATO and multiple Air Operations Centers to include the 603rd, 609th, and the 614th. On Sept. 1, 2020 he transferred to the United States Space Force after serving nearly 21 years in the United States Air Force.
Chief Conley has an extensive space operations background, as well as tactical to operational leadership, and is focused on ensuring JTF-SD warfighters are prepared to provide Commanders with the effects they need. This space knowledge and expertise includes the mission areas of Missile Warning, Space Domain Awareness, Space Battle Management, Military Satellite Communications, Missile Defense, Space Electronic Warfare, formal education and training, and manpower and assignment management.
2003 Airman Leadership School, Buckley Air Force Base, Colo. (Leadership Award)
2004 A.S. Air and Space Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Ala.
2008 Space 200, National Security Space Institute, Colo.
2009 B.S. Space Studies, American Military University, Va. (w/Honors)
2009 Basic Instructor Course, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2010 Gaylor Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas (Distinguished Graduate)
2010 A.S. Instructor of Science and Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Ala.
2014 Space 300, National Security Space Institute, Colo.
2014 Space Warfighter Preparatory Course, National Security Space Institute, Colo.
2014 AOC COD Initial Qualification Training Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla. (Honor Graduate)
2014 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Ala.
2016 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Air University, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2017 Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Joint PME II, Joint Knowledge Online, Suffolk, Va.
2021 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2021 USSF Pre-Command Team Training, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2022 Alan L. Freed Associates Eurasia Seminar, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1999-November 1999, Basic Trainee, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. November 1999-May 2000, student, 533rd Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
3. May 2000-September 2003, Mission Crew Chief, 2nd Space Warning Squadron, Buckley AFB, Colo. (May 2000-Aug 2002, Data Systems Operator)
4. September 2003-September 2004, Crew Chief, 13th Space Warning Squadron, Clear Air Force Station, Alaska
5. September 2004-July 2007, Orbital Analyst and Space Battle Manager, 1st Space Control Squadron, Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Colo. (Dec 2004-Sept 2005 Orbital Analyst)
6. July 2007-September 2012, Flight Chief Space Operations Training, 533rd Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif. (July 2007-June 2009, Air Operations Center Evaluator)
7. September 2012-July 2014, Flight Chief of Operations, 3rd Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
8. January 2015-January 2016, Superintendent, 22nd Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
9. January 2016-March 2016, Student, Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
10. March 2016-July 2019, Superintendent and 1C6 Functional Area Manager, U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
11. July 2019-December 2020, Operations Superintendent, 4th Space Control Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
12. January 2021-August 2021, Squadron Superintendent, 4th Space Control Squadron, Peterson Space Force Base, Colo.
13. August 2021-March 2022, Senior Enlisted Leader Information Mobility Directorate, Deputy Commanding General-Operations, Space Operations Command, Peterson SFB, Colo.
14. April 2022-Present, Command Senior Enlisted Leader, Joint Task Force-Space Defense, Schriever SFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
July 2014-January 2015, Non-Commissioned Officer-In-Charge, 609th Air Operations Center Combat Operations Division, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant January 2021
(Current as of April 2022)